The Board of Directors, Management, and Staff of the Credit Union are continuing to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Decisions are being made in compliance with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, to ensure the health and safety of our employees and members, and mitigate the spread of infections. Live updates will be posted to this page as they occur.
Financial Institutions are considered essential businesses. Please see below for details and restrictions on hours and services.
Current Branch Hours & Availability Who to Contact Banking Remotely Resources for Financial Hardship How We Are Taking Action Event Cancellations Avoid Coronavirus Scams How Can I Help Our Community A Safe Place for Your Money
**Updated 4/1 at 8:00 a.m.**
Monday through Friday schedule:
- Our Contact Center at 800.852.5886 is available with expanded hours between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Our Consumer Lending and Debt Solutions departments also reflect this expanded schedule.
Drive-ups, Video Tellers, and ATMs:
- Our lobby Video Teller functionality and staffed Drive-ups at Hadley and Northampton continue to observe operational hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Our lobby Video Teller functionality at VA Medical Center (in Leeds) is available to members with card access when the basement is accessible.
- Our UMassFive ATMs are still operating and available as usual.
Operating Branch Hours:
The following branches are closed to routine transactions, with the sole exception of emergency and in-person-signature-required documents. These must be scheduled via phone call and will occur only between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Hadley - This location is equipped with drop box for members to utilize. Please ensure the content of your transaction is contained in a sealed envelope. We will be checking these multiple times a day.
- Northampton - This location is equipped with drop box for members to utilize. Please ensure the content of your transaction is contained in a sealed envelope. We will be checking these multiple times a day.
- Mercy Medical Center in Springfield - Branch access becomes restricted to hospital employees only between 2-4 p.m. daily. All visitors will be screened for a fever upon entering any building on the Mercy Medical campus.
- UMass Worcester - This branch is only accessible to badged Hospital or University employees at this time.
The following branches remain temporarily closed until further notice:
- UMass Amherst
- VA Medical Center (in Leeds)
As a reminder, please use our Remote Services whenever possible.
Who to Contact
- To request an in-person appointment, please call or email our Contact Center.
- Members should work directly with their Financial Advisor to coordinate appointments by phone. Our CFS Financial Advisors, Cooper Cerulo and Aimee Marden, are also providing a limited number of Saturday appointments by phone between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. on March 28, April 4, and April 11. These appointments must be scheduled in advance, and are open to all members looking for a complimentary financial review.
- For appointments pertaining to consumer loans, please call or email our Consumer Lending Department.
- Members should work directly with their Mortgage Consultant to coordinate appointments by phone.
- For appointments pertaining to commercial loans, please call or email our Commercial Services Department.
Banking Remotely with UMassFive:
UMassFive already has all the tools you need to manage your accounts without needing to visit one of our physical branch locations.
- Deposit checks with your phone via Mobile Deposit with our Mobile Banking app.
- Use Online Banking to monitor your accounts, make transfers, and pay bills. You can also communicate with our Contact Center staff via the secure messaging feature.
- Download our CardSecure app to turn your debit card on and off, and review balances and transactions.
- Don't like logging in? Our Contact Center is available to assist with basic transactions, loan applications and more.
- Having an issue with your card or login after-hours? You can reach after-hours support for debit cards and Online Banking by calling 413-256-5500.
- Interested in a loan? Apply online or over the phone by calling one of our Contact Center representatives.
We Are Here To Help If You Need Financial Assistance
If you are facing a financial hardship during these difficult times, we are here to help:
- Emergency Payment Relief: Current UMassFive loans (excluding mortgages, student loans, or credit cards), may be eligible to skip up to three payments. Please fill out our Emergency Relief Request Form, or contact our Debt Solutions department by phone or email.
- For assistance with an existing mortgage, please call 800.262.6574 to discuss repayment options with Midwest Loan Services.
- For assistance with an existing student loan, please call 800.723.2210 to discuss repayment options with Credit Union Student Choice.
- For assistance with a UMassFive credit card, please call 866.820.2982 to discuss repayment options with Card Services.
- If you need assistance with anything that is non-loan related, please reach out to our Contact Center by phone or email.
If your business is facing a financial hardship, the SBA is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses impacted by COVID-19. If your business is impacted, or you know someone who is, I encourage you apply at your earliest convenience.
- Click here to apply
- Webinar recording from the SBA on how to apply
- Materials from webinar recording fro the SBA on how to apply
- Interview with Robert Nelson (offering a comprehensive explanation of the program as a recording from 3/21)
- Additional COVID-19 Resources from the SBA
How We Are Taking Action:
- Employees are required to sanitize/wash their hands upon entering all UMassFive buildings and branch locations. Employees are also being encourage to wash their hands throughout the day with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and avoid touching their nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Adjusted policies now require employees to disinfect their work areas more frequently, especially workstations where in-person member interactions are taking place.
- We have requested that employees no longer shake hands with members or vendors until further notice.
- Employees are required to stay home if they do not feel well.
- Employees have been advised on social distancing practices, and we are allowing employee telecommuting, wherever applicable.
- Events and large group gatherings are being cancelled, where applicable, until further notice.
- All non-essential business travel has been cancelled.
- If you are not feeling well, please refrain from visiting our branches. Please view the "Banking Remotely with UMassFive" section above for details on how to take advantage of all the services we offer away from our physical locations.
The following is a list of upcoming events we have cancelled in response to the guidance provided by the CDC and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health:
- Reservation and use of our Hadley Community Room is suspended until further notice.
- All March & April workshops and seminars at all locations.
- Mercy Medical Center (Springfield Branch) Auto Event.
Avoid Coronavirus Scams
Here are some tips to help you keep the scammers at bay:
- Don't click on links from sources you don't know. They could download viruses onto your computer or device.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying that have information about the virus. For the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations. There currently are no vaccines, pills, potions, lotions, lozenges or other prescription or over-the-counter products available to treat or cure Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) — online or in stores.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations, whether through charities or crowdfunding sites. Don’t let anyone rush you into making a donation. If someone wants donations in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money, don’t do it.
How Can I Help Our Community?
- Enrolled in Buzz Points? You can donate your points to local organizations who are helping people in our community every day, including the Food Bank of Western MA and the Amherst Survival Center. Donating with Buzz Points is as easy as redeeming! Login to your Buzz Points account online or on your phone with the Buzz Points app. Head over to Rewards and under the Charities section simply donate your Buzz Points!
- Please keep in mind you can also share your Co-op Points with family and friends: ask us how!
A Safe Place for Your Money
As always, we want our members to feel confident placing their trust in the Credit Union. During such uncertain times, you can take comfort in knowing that not only is our Cooperative a strong community that you can count on—it is also fully insured by the NCUA for all deposits up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. There is no safer place for you to keep your money, and we will continue working diligently to ensure you have access to your accounts at all times.
Our top priority is to ensure the continuation of operations and our ability to properly respond to the needs of our members.