Amherst, MA – On Wednesday, June 12 from 1 p.m.- 3 p.m. at the Mullins Center in Amherst, MA, the UMassFive College Federal Credit Union will be teaming up with Student-athletes from the University of Massachusetts football team to build 35 twin beds to benefit A Bed for Every Child
- Beds built during Wednesday’s event will be distributed to children in need throughout Massachusetts
- Launched in 2012, A Bed for Every Child provides beds for Massachusetts children living in poverty. For every $250 raised, a child receives a twin bedframe, mattress, pillow, and linens. Since its inception, the program has delivered more than 7,000 beds
- A Bed for Every Child receives over 200 requests statewide per month, of children in need of their own bed
- The credit unions in the Pioneer Valley Chapter of the Massachusetts Cooperative Credit Union Association (CCUA) are accepting donations to keep the supply of beds coming. Donations will be accepted throughout June at the following local credit unions, including Arrha, Franklin First, Freedom, Greater Springfield, Holyoke, MassMutual, Pioneer Valley, Premier Source and UMassFive
- Mullins Center operator Spectra Venue Management has generously donated the space that will be used to host Wednesday’s event.
- Various UMass football student-athletes participating in A Bed for Every Child
- Walt Bell, UMass football head coach (TBD)
- Erin Sweeney, General Manager, Mullins Center and Spectra Venue Management
- Jon Reske, UMassFive College Federal Credit Union
- Tina Baptista, Director, A Bed for Every Child
- Jim Wage, CCUA Pioneer Valley Chapter President
Parking: Mullins Center Lot 67 - West Side
- Use Mullins Way to access Lot 67–keep the athletic fields on your right-hand side, then bear right at the Physical Plant gate. Continue past the tennis courts (right-hand side), Physical Plant (left-hand side) and Earl Lorden Field (left-hand side) before turning right into Lot 67.
- From the Route 116 freeway, take the UMass exit. At the end of the ramp, turn right (northbound) or left (southbound) onto North Hadley Road. Take your first left onto Mullins Way.
Building Entrance: Southwest Loading Dock
- Please enter the Mullins Center through the Southwest Loading Dock.
- Once parked in Lot 67, the Loading Dock will be on your right. The entrance is directly left of the two larger garage bays
Arena Location: Mullins Center - Arena Floor
- Once entered through the Loading Dock, continue straight through the double doors to the arena floor.
Questions and Further Information:
Ryan Gallant – (413) 687-3793 – email@example.com
Alyssa Leonard – (336) 848-8771 - firstname.lastname@example.org