Workshops and Seminars
We are dedicated to helping you become an educated consumer by offering an array of workshops on topics from budgeting to home buying.
UMassFive will offer the following complimentary sessions at designated branches. Seating is limited. Please RSVP locally to 413.256.5500 or toll free to 800.852.5886 or register online below to reserve your seat.
Receive 500 Co-op Points for attending one of these workshops!
Workshops are offered more than once for your convenience, so if you can't make it to these dates, or don't see any workshop dates posted, please check back next month.
This workshop^ takes a step-by-step approach to home buying, so you fully understand the buying process. It includes locating and working with a real estate agent, understanding your financing options, tips on searching for a home, the value of inspections, and how to make an offer. You will also learn what closing costs are associated with getting a mortgage.
^ Workshop sponsored by Member Advantage Mortgage
- Wednesday, 10/12/16, 12–1p.m., Mercy Medical Center, Deliso Conference Center, O'Hara Room - Register now
- Wednesday, 10/19/16, 5:45–7 p.m., Northampton (suite 234 - upstairs from branch inside Potpourri Plaza) - Register now
- Thursday, 11/17/16, 12–1 p.m., Worcester, University Campus, Rm S7-105 - Register now
This budgeting overview presents four basic steps to better money management in an easy-to-understand manner. Learn how to set realistic financial goals, create a budget, and understand how to use credit wisely.
- Wednesday, 10/12/16, 5:45–7 p.m., Northampton (suite 234 - upstairs from branch inside Potpourri Plaza) - Register now
- Thursday, 10/13/16, 12–1 p.m., Worcester, University Campus, Rm S7-105 - Register now
- Thursday, 10/20/16, 12–1 p.m., Mercy Medical Center, Deliso Conference Center, Medical Staff Rm - Register now
This workshop is a primer in learning about the wise use of credit. It will help you understand your credit report, explain how credit scores are determined, and give you tips to improve your score. You will also learn what to look for to find the best credit card and the questions you should ask always ask when applying for a loan.
- Thursday, 11/10/16, 5:45–7 p.m., Hadley - Register now
For questions or assistance, contact a friendly UMassFive representative today!
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. UMassFive College Federal Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.**CFS and its Financial Advisors do not provide tax or legal advice. For such advice, please consult with a qualified tax professional.