Financial and Investment Services Seminars
We are dedicated to helping you become an educated consumer by offering an array of seminars.
CFS* will offer the following complimentary sessions at designated branches. Seating is limited. Please RSVP locally to 413.256.5500 or toll free to 800.852.5886 or register online below to reserve your seat.
Seminars are often offered more than once for your convenience, so if you can't make it to these dates, or don't see any seminar dates posted, please check back next month.
Retirement income planning is the process of understanding how much income you’ll need during your retirement years to support the retirement lifestyle you want, and positioning your assets to help provide that income. While there’s no such thing as a “one size fits all” plan, there are steps you can take to help increase the possibility of a financially confident retirement.
This seminar will help answer questions such as should I retire now or wait and will my money last. We will discuss the financial risks of retirement and the essential elements to a retirement income plan.
- Monday, 9/18/17, 5:30–7 p.m., Northampton (243 King St, Potpourri Plaza, Suite 234, 2nd floor) - Register now
- Tuesday, 9/19/17, 12-1 p.m., Worcester, University Campus, Goff-S2-308A - Register now
- Tuesday, 9/19/17, 5-6:30 p.m., Mercy Medical Center Branch - Register now
- Wednesday, 9/20/17, 5:30–7 p.m., Hadley - Register now
Many families will experience a time when the child becomes the parent – a time of role reversal when it feels like it becomes the child’s responsibility to safeguard the parent. This seminar deals with areas of concern in the financial realm like the parent’s income, wealth and inheritance that often are difficult to openly discuss. Join us to learn about topics that should be at the top of your list of important things to discuss with your aging parents.
- Tuesday, 10/10/17, 5-6:30 p.m., Mercy Medical Center, Mercy Branch - Register now
- Monday, 10/16/17, 5:30–7 p.m., Northampton (243 King St, Potpourri Plaza, Suite 234, 2nd floor) - Register now
- Tuesday, 10/17/17, 12–1 p.m., Worcester, University Campus, Room S1-605 - Register now
- Wednesday, 10/18/17, 5:30–7 p.m., Hadley - Register now
There’s a lot you need to know – we can make it simpler to understand.
With insights and ideas from Nationwide Financial we can help you start to plan for what’s likely to be one of your biggest retirement expenses.
You Will Learn:
• How health care costs can impact your retirement income
• What Medicare covers – and what costs you pay out-of-pocket
• What planning options you can use to prepare for these expenses
• How to get a personalized estimate of your retirement health care costs from Nationwide
If you currently have an IRA or are considering one and want to learn how to make your IRA work harder, this seminar may be for you. Attendees will benefit from the experience of our CFS* Financial Advisor and learn:
-The difference between Roth and Traditional IRA’s
-Common mistakes to avoid with your IRA
-Basic information on tax benefits that may apply**
-What a Rollover IRA is and if is it right for you
- Tuesday, 11/14/17, 5-6:30 p.m., Mercy Medical Branch - Register now
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. UMassFive College Federal Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
**CFS and its Financial Advisors do not provide tax advice. For such advice, please consult with a qualified tax professional.