Financial and Investment Services Seminars
We are dedicated to helping you become an educated consumer by offering an array of seminars.
CFS* will offer the following complimentary sessions at designated branches. Seating is limited. Please RSVP locally to 413.256.5500 or toll free to 800.852.5886 or register online below to reserve your seat.
Seminars are often offered more than once for your convenience, so if you can't make it to these dates, or don't see any seminar dates posted, please check back next month.
Our exclusive workshop, “Goals-Based Investing, Common-Sense Investing for the Uncommon Investor,” will bring focus to your financial picture and educate you on how to avoid the many common pitfalls of investing. Learn to:
-Identify and track progress towards ALL of your goals
-Stay off the emotional spin cycle of investing
-Remain calm in a market crisis
-Focus on what matters most – achieving your goals.
- Monday, 4/24/17, 5:30–7 p.m., Northampton (243 King St, Potpourri Plaza, Suite 234, 2nd floor) - Register now
Will You Have Enough to Retire Comfortably?
Most of us imagine retirement as a happy time, a reward for a lifetime of hard work, full of possibility and potential. We have good reason to see retirement in a positive light. Americans are living longer, healthier lives than ever before. In fact, for some of us, retirement will make up a full third of our lives. Of course, this means that our retirement assets will have to do more for us over a longer period of time. This makes planning for our retirement essential. You'll learn:
• How to put together a retirement road map
• Factors that influence when you should retire and how long your retirement could last
• How to "crunch the numbers" by estimating your retirement expenses and retirement income, while factoring in inflation
• How tax-deferred savings vehicles like IRAs and 401(k)s can help prepare for retirement
- Monday, 5/8/17, 5:30–7 p.m., Northampton (243 King St, Potpourri Plaza, Suite 234, 2nd floor) - Register now
- Tuesday, 5/9/17, 12–1 p.m., Worcester, University Campus, Room S7-105 - Register now - Register now
- Wednesday, 5/17/17, 5:30–7 p.m., Hadley - Register now
- Tuesday, 5/23/17, 5–6:30 p.m., Mercy Medical Center - Register now
This informative seminar covers the basics of Social Security and reveals strategies that may help you maximize your benefits. The decisions you make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits you stand to receive over your lifetime.
- Monday, 6/12/17, 5:30–7 p.m., Northampton (243 King St, Potpourri Plaza, Suite 234, 2nd floor) - Register now
- Tuesday, 6/13/17, 12–1 p.m., Worcester, University Campus, Room S1-605 - Register now
- Tuesday, 6/20/17, 5–6:30 p.m., Mercy Medical Center - Register now
- Wednesday, 6/21/17, 5:30–7 p.m., Hadley - Register now
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. UMassFive College Federal Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
**CFS and its Financial Advisors do not provide tax advice. For such advice, please consult with a qualified tax professional.