Energy & Fuel Conservation Loan Disclosures & Details
The current prime rate is: 5.50%. Rates effective as of September 06, 2022. Rates subject to change at any time.
• Maximum term for home heating is 12 months, unless a Secondary Share Account has been established to pay for the following years heating expenses.
• Total amount of all unsecured loans and lines of credit may not exceed $50,000 per member.
• Payment example: 3.90% for 24 months equals $43.38 per $1,000 borrowed.
The Energy and Fuel Conservation Loan provides low-rate financing to help with your utility bills and virtually any energy-saving purchase, including:
• Pre-paid oil
• Wood or wood pellets
• Wood or wood pellet stoves
• Appliances, furnaces, and hot water heaters that are Energy Star-certified (energystar.gov)
• Pre-paid bus or other public transportation passes
• Fuel-efficient alternative transportation devices such as bicycles, mopeds, and scooters
• Low-cost home improvements such as weather-stripping, storm doors, or insulation
You can even lower your Energy Loan rate by 1% if you set-up an automatically funded Secondary Share Account at the same time to save for next winter!